The worldís first flight instrument specially designed for powered paragliders, paramotors, powered hang gliders and micolight trikes! The integrated display of engine RPM and cylinder head temperature and the innovative Altitude Guidance Mode (AGM = optical altitude guidance) make powered flying even safer and a lot more fun! Displayed engine data can be programmed with individually adjustable alarm thresholds. If a value is exceeded the IQ-Motor display field starts to flash. The IQ-Motor is also perfect for flying without an engine. Just switch over to "Free Flight Mode" and the IQ-Motor becomes a fully-featured instrument for thermalling with two altimeters, averager vario, analogue and digital vario.
Motor Mode Functions for powered flight:
- Integrated engine RPM display, 0-9990 RPM, resolution 10 RPM, capacitance measurement.
- Integrated cylinder head temperature display, max 300ƒC (572ƒF), resolution 2ƒC, display in ƒC or ƒF
- Data transfer with special sensor cable (included)
- Altitude Guidance Mode (AGM) provides visual alert when departing from preset altitude range. For example, a powered paraglider flies in 800 ft MSL and wants to maintain this altitude, e.g. because he would otherwise enter restricted airspace. Instead of having to continually check the altimeter, he activates AGM which will warn him visually with the double arrows and flashing altitude display if he exceeds (either too high or too low) the desired altitude. When the pilot is within the desired altitude range and AGM is active, both arrows are shown in the display.
- Compatible with most engines, individually programmable RPM port.
Free Flight Mode Functions for thermalling and non-powered flight:
- Analogue Vario: +/- 2000ft/min (+/- 10 m/s)
- Digital Vario: +/- 3000 ft/min (+/- 15 m/s)
- Vario averager: 1 to 30 sec
- Analogue and digital vario are displayed simultaneously
- Two altimeters; Alt1 and Alt2 -range 0 - 19,999 ft (0-9999 m), resolution 3 ft (1m), one button zeroing of A2
- High contrast STN-technology LCD for superb readability
- Display of barometric pressure
- Real-time clock
- Flight log for maximum values of 50 flights
- Flight log can be printed directly to printer
- Digital ambient temperature display- resolution 1 ƒC
- Flight time
- Battery life: approximately 100 hrs (2 x 1.5 V AA)
- Back-up battery power supply (2 x 1.5V AAA)
- Sensor cable for RPM and engine temperature (approximate 1.5 m length)
- Protective carry bag
- Instruction manual
- 12 month warranty
Motor B has all the same functions as Motor A with an integrated barograph recorder.The integrated flight recorder (barograph) not only records flight time and altitude but also engine temperature. Connect the IQ-Motor to a PC and analyze your flights with the PC-Graph 2000 software.
- Barograph: Stores altitude (resolution 1m), flight time, engine temperature (resolution 2ƒC)
- PC-interface cable included for data transfer to PC-Graph 2000 software
- Prints barograms directly to printer